[pdftex] hypertext and merged pdf

Cristian Manzoni cristian.manzoni at polimi.it
Thu May 11 09:27:47 CEST 2006

I have some problems with hypertext and pdf files: I generated a pdf file
(File1.pdf) including some hypertext with the following
instructions:

(...)
\usepackage[ps2pdf]{hyperref}

\hypersetup{backref=true,
            colorlinks=true,
            citecolor=red,
            linkcolor=blue, }

\begin{document}
(...)
\end{document}

and then compiled the file by TeXify -> dvi2ps -> ps2pdf. The links in the
File1.pdf file perfectly work.

Then I had to merge this pdf document with other pdf's, into FileTot.pdf. I
used the instructions:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{pdfpages}

\usepackage[colorlinks, bookmarks]{hyperref}

\begin{document}

\includepdf[pages=-]{File1}

\includepdf[pages=-]{Article1}
\includepdf[pages=-]{Article2}

\end{document}

The new file FileTot.pdf doesn't include any hypertext links, loosing also
the ones from File1.pdf.
How can I generate a pdf file inheriting the hypertext of File1, Article1,
Article2,... ?

Thanks
Cristian