[pdftex] hypertext and merged pdf

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Mon May 15 11:45:16 CEST 2006

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 09:27:47AM +0200, Cristian Manzoni wrote:

> \usepackage{pdfpages}

> \includepdf[pages=-]{File1}
>
> \includepdf[pages=-]{Article1}
> \includepdf[pages=-]{Article2}

> The new file FileTot.pdf doesn't include any hypertext links, loosing also
> the ones from File1.pdf.

pdfTeX doesn't support including links from embedded pdf images.
Some time (years) ago Andreas Matthias had written a patch that
adds support for some kind of links. But I don't know why it hasn't
found its way into the official pdfTeX.

> How can I generate a pdf file inheriting the hypertext of File1, Article1,
> Article2,... ?

Use other tools for merging pdf files with links.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>