[pdftex] installation question

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jan 31 00:21:48 CET 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Klaus Jantzen wrote:

> In the zip-file I find an executable pdftosrc which I do not find in the
> current installation. Where should this file be moved to? To the same
> directory as the pdftex/pdfetex executables?

Yes (somewhere in the PATH).

Do I need it?

Some time ago there was a discussion here:
It is possible to store data in pdf objects.
So a pdf file can be generated that contains its
source files. The macros at pdfTeX level for
including files are quite simple. I think
they are available in dome older contributions
to this list.
  Then the program pdftosrc extracts such
stored source files.

Yours sincerely