[pdftex] Tabular Output Wrong

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 07:25:17 CET 2002

> > (ps: I do have a copy of lshort.pdf and I didn't see the "p"
> > specifier
> > - the saying would be "can't see the wood for the trees")
>
> The p{width} specifier is on the 'array' package. Put:
>
> \usepackage{array}
>
> in the preamble of your document

this is one of those things that took me such a long time when i was
teaching myself mathematical logic.

  \forall x: y \implies (x \implies y)

which is to say: of course it's in array.sty, because it's in base
latex.  it's also in parskip.sty and hyperref.sty.  it's all over the
place: i hesitate to say that there's no package that suppresses the
facility, but it would be a weird thing to do.