[math-font-discuss] Using same font for both Text and MathAlphabets

na199 at gmx.de na199 at gmx.de
Sat Aug 19 15:19:24 CEST 2006

Hello Ragu,

there is an extremely informative article of Lehmann (Peter?) about installing
new fonts together with how to use fontinstall. You'll find all the necessary
info there, probably.

There was another article about which math fonts goes well with which textfont
and is free! But I forgot the name of the author and can't find the paper. But
it`s recent and it's not from Walter Schmidt (who had commercial fonts in mind,
too).

But another point:
I found it most disturbing when a math font (whichever) has not a rounded "v"
(v for velocity). Most have not. Computer Modern and some others has it.

Many have a pointed "v" (and a pointed "w" as well), but this can be confounded
too easily with the greek "\nu".

So take your pick.

With regards
Henning Heinze