[math-font-discuss] Ugly drawn rules in Adobe Reader

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jun 14 13:43:34 CEST 2005

Hi Johannes.

In the end, we came to the conclusion that probably the best idea
is to generate an internal font in pdftex on-the-fly. That font would
contain just a single character, that is xscaled and yscaled as
needed to create a fake rule of the right dimensions. Because no new
primitives would be needed in such an approach (except perhaps the
possibility to turn it on/off) it would be completely transparant
to the user. If I had 48-hour days, I would have started on this
already ;-)

Taco