[l2h] Bug Report latex2html 2000-beta1-8 image processing

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Fri Apr 25 07:23:35 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'd like to report a bug in latex2html 2000-beta1-8

I'm currently writing a book with several included eps images.
The images are scanned letters, so they are A4 in normal size, but
they are scaled by 0.9, to fit into the page. Normal latex output
looks nice.

latex2html has a problem with those images: Some of them
are just empty, others show the scanned page, but the image in the
html is about 2-3 times as high as needed to show the image.

Further debugging showed this:

The image command in index.tex looks like this:

{\newpage\clearpage
% contents=\fbox{\includegraphics[width=0.94\textwidth ]{Zeugnis_A_002.eps}}
\lthtmlinlineA{tex2html_nomath_inline893}%
\fbox{\includegraphics[width=0.94\textwidth ]{Zeugnis_A_002.eps}}%
\lthtmlinlineZ
\lthtmlcheckvsize\clearpage}

The problem is caused by the the \lthtmlinlineA command.
It causes a black bar to be drawn on the left side of the image.
I guess it is used to calculate page height etc.
However, the black bar is about 2-3 times as high as the included
image. Therefore, the subsequent image processing is cutting out too
much from the generated page.

regards
Hadmut