Non-english mathematics (not More on subscripts and superscripts)

Yannis sez:

>Fortunately in almost all countries math is written more or less the same
>way.

Phew!  Would it be reasonable to say that the differences between
national mathematical style is about as pronounced as that between
English-speaking diciplines?

>So it would be nice if macros \sin, \cos, and so on
>can be changed when the text language changes [this is rather work of the
>twgmlc].

Indeed!  The base font (the font used for setting operators such as \sin,
\cos, etc.) doesn't have to be Cork-encoded, it can use whatever encoding
you are using for your text fonts.  The default will probably be Cork
though.

>Just in case something may be missing, I will make a call to arms on the
>twgmlc list to see if there are any particular mathematical tidbits for their
>languages/countries, missing in CM.

Thanks!

Alan.