Intergrals again

What about the euler extension fonts?

Several people prefer the unslanted integrals to the slanted ones, and
there may be other uses of those differently designed symbols.

My personal proposal would be not to include the euler style integrals in
the new extended encoding, but to provide a parallel encoded font with
unslanted integrals.

Another point: Sometimes you want to do partitioning like that:

 /
 | x x x
<  x x x
 | x x x
 \
 /
 | y y y
 | y y y
 | y y y
<  y y y
 | y y y
 | y y y
 | y y y
 \

The problem is here, that the braces are of different weight and do not
align well. (The NTG TeX sheet -- named something like ``Showing off with
TeX'' shows a real example of a partioned matrix where this effect occurs).
The alternative extension font can have equal weight extesible braces for
this purpose.

Remark: for normal purposes the growing of the weight with size is quite
appropriate.

A last point: After the debatte on \smallint, do we need all integrals in
smallint-style, like \smalloint etc. ?

--J"org Knappen.