Re: More on subscripts and superscripts

>but alan, i didn't misunderstand.

Ah, I understand now.  I hope that we now both understand that we
understand that... :-)

>and my response, also not as clear as it might
>have been, should be read as meaning ``symbols were put into the
>ms*m fonts because combining pieces didn't result in the quality
>and reliability that we needed, and therefore whole symbols were
>created.''

Yes, I think this is just another reason (as well as digitization and
glyph positioning reasons) for providing whole glyphs rather than bits
and pieces.  Hey ho, back to the drawing board...

I think I can still salvage the arrow-building kit, it's just that
more of the glyphs will be directly accessable.

Alan.