TUG 2007 - Conference Registration
Free workshops: July 17, 2007
TUG 2007 conference: July 18-20, 2007
Location: San Diego State University, San Diego, California
Please fill out and submit the form below to register for the
The conference will be in held in the Cuicacalli Seminar Room in the
Cuicacalli Suites building on campus. This is the same building for
which on-campus housing is available (see below). Various campus
maps are available.
Internet access: Cost is $10/week; it is arranged with SDSU at
the Cuicacalli reception desk.
Parking: Parking is free; there is a parking structure next to
the building. You must ask for a parking pass from the Cuicacalli
Refund policy: Full refund of any payments if cancellation
request is received before May 31; 50% refund if before
June 22; no refund is possible after June 22.
At this conference, there are two general options for accommodations.
Dormitory accommodations: The first option is to stay in
housing (the Cuicacalli
Suites) on the SDSU campus. Some information:
- On-campus housing is reserved through TUG, see option below.
- Prices are below (quite inexpensive).
- The dormitory is apartment-style, so there will be groups of up to
5-6 people sharing a suite: individual bedrooms, two shared
bathrooms, and a common area.
- If you have suite-mates in mind (people with whom you'd like to
share the suite), please give their names in the comments field at
the bottom. Spouses may stay at the standard rates.
- Standard checkin time is noon on July 16 (or later), checkout
is 7pm on July 20.
- If you want to stay in the dorm extra nights before or after the
conference, that's fine, but we need to know the exact nights so we
can inform the university. Please see below.
- Recreational amenities, including a pool (10am-10pm) and bowling
alley at the Aztec Recreation Center.
- Much more information is on the campus housing
Hotel accommodations: The second option is to stay in a hotel
near the campus. San Diego has a trolley line serving the campus, and
all except the last hotel below are on the trolley (the first two are
very close, just a few minutes away; not sure about the others). More
- Reservations are made directly with the hotel, not through TUG.
- We have identified some likely hotels (there are plenty of others
around, of course): the
Marriott Mission Valley, the
DoubleTree Mission Valley, the
Hilton Mission Valley, the
Handlery Hotel, and the
Red Lion Hanalei Hotel.
- These hotels have a "SDSU friends and family rate"; please ask for
it, just like that. Room availability at this rate is limited. If one
hotel has no rooms at this rate available, try the next. The regular
room price is substantially higher—except possibly for the
Handlery, whose online price may be just fine.
- TUG has no contract or reserved rooms with any of the hotels.
- The hotels are fairly similar in style, i.e., big and generic.
The main distinction is that the Red Lion (soon to be Crown Plaza) is
not directly on the trolley line; you have to take the Red Lion hotel
shuttle to Fashion Valley, then catch the trolley, total time 30-45
minutes. But their prices are currently much lower than the other two.
- If you choose to pay via PayPal, the results page will
contain a button to make the payment. Our paypal address is
- If you wish to pay by check or bank transfer, please print this
page and mail or fax it to:
TeX Users Group - TUG'07 /
PO Box 2311 / Portland, OR 97208-2311 / USA; fax:
Problems or questions?
If you have any questions or difficulties submitting this
form, please contact the TUG office by email or
via paper mail, phone, or fax.
$Date: 2007/07/09 18:50:19 $;
conference home page;