[XeTeX] Protecting pdfpages \includepdf against broken PDF

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Fri Jan 14 20:38:41 CET 2011

Andreas Matthias wrote:

> J�r�me Et�v� wrote:
>

>> Is there a way to protect pdfpages against such invalid files?
>>

> No. This cannot be done by a macro package. And neither xetex
> nor luatex have a full-fledged pdf parser that would be necessary
> for this.
>

>> Alternatively, is there a quick way to test a pdf file for correctness
>> before I include it in my latex document?
>>

> Ghostscript is quite good in spotting errors in pdf files.

Sometimes I've had a problem like this (but I don't know why) when
processing a pdf with pdfpages --- but AFAIK, it's only occurred when I
use the xelatex engine to process. If I use pdflatex, it works fine.

The other work-around for the problem pdf file(s) is to re-generate them
via pdftk:

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma