[XeTeX] Bidipoem

Vafa Khalighi vafakh84 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 02:47:49 CEST 2010

Hi Gareth

the bidipoem package is indeed intended for typesetting modern and
traditional Persian poems and may not be suitable for typesetting poems in
other scripts.

I think that I have not understood your problem correctly and I do not know
how I should typeset Syriac with xetex.fontspec complained about every
single font that I used to test that it does not contain  Syriac script.
Could you please send a minimal example and what font should I use for this
script?

If you typeset a line (which is just one line in comparison to the line
before that contained two halves and there was a gap between them), then
this line is aligned at the center of previous line and this is a feature of
traditional Persian poems. What I meant is:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                         xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now if you have several of these (single lines), they are aligned with
respect to each other (their beginning starts at one horizontal width and
their endings also ends at one horizontal width) so you have something like:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                         xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                         xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now I do not understand how your example should look like. Could you please
enlighten me and send a minimal example using only English alphabets?

Thanks

--
Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi