[Tugindia] Extended natbib functions (preamble included)

David M. Arthur darthur at ualberta.ca
Tue Nov 4 17:31:08 CET 2003

Hello all,

I previously wrote:

>I am trying to use the \citetext and \defcitealias options of the natbib
package and I am receiving undefined control
>sequence errors when I try to compile the document.

>The \citep and \citet commands work fine, but I cannot figure out why I
would be receiving errors for \citetext and
>\defcitealias.  I am using the plainnat bibliography style and have
included the natbib package in the document.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am pulling my hair out over this!

>Cheers,
>David Arthur

And here is my preamble:

\documentclass[12pt, letterpaper, oneside]{report}
\usepackage[ME,msc]{thesis2k}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage[]{natbib}
\bibpunct{(}{)}{;}{a}{,}{,}
\usepackage{dropping}
\pagestyle{headings}
\bibliographystyle{plainnat}
\includeonly{
  Introduction,
  Lit_Review}

And an example of how I am trying to implement the two commands:

The findings of this commission were published in 1987 \citetext{WCED,
\citeyear{Our_Common_Future_1987}} and discussed ways in

or:

\defcitealias{Our_Common_Future_1987}{WCED,
\citeyear{Our_Common_Future_1987}}

The findings of this commission were published in 1987 WCED,
\citepalias{Our_Common_Future_1987} and discussed ways in