[tldoc] What is supposed to do "Restore all packages to latest version"

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat May 16 01:06:04 CEST 2015

    I'm in the process of translating the tlpkg and the action "Restore
    all packages to latest version" is not that clear for me: does it
    mean that after some update, running it will restore all the package
    to their latest version before this update?

As far as I can see from a quick look at the source, it restores the
backup from *every* package which has a backup -- i.e., it looks at
every backup ever made.  Not just those packages that were in the latest
update.  I can't quite envision when this would be useful, but
nevertheless, that's what the code looks like to me.

If that's right, I think (for your translation info) "from their latest
backup" would be clearer wording than "to latest version" (but I don't
want to actually change the English right now).

Norbert, please correct me.