[tldoc] request for explanation (translations)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun May 27 00:47:12 CEST 2012

    > Â After installation, get package updates from CTAN

    Yes, this sentence sounds a lot better.

Changed.

    > Â Repository tag name already used: <tag> <url>
    Yes, that is better.

Changed.  I used mine :).  (I can't actually get the message to come up
without a lot more work, so not sure of context, so ... anyway ...)

    How does that work when users put the DVD into the drive? How does
    the installer decide whether to install from DVD or from CTAN?

If the subdirectory archive/ exists (as a sibling to the install-tl
script), it installs from that (ie, DVD/local disk/whatever it is).
Otherwise, it installs from the net.

(I believe that's the basic idea, it's been a while since I reviewed all
that code.)

karl