[tldoc] request for explanation (translations)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat May 26 10:19:05 CEST 2012

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 1:42 AM, Karl Berry wrote:
>    - After install, use tlnet on CTAN for package updates
>
>  After installation, get package updates from CTAN

Yes, this sentence sounds a lot better.

Just curious because I never used DVD for installation: some people
(including me during the first try, most probably each year) fail to
install tlpretest because of the URL/year mismatch (default install
location is CTAN). How does that work when users put the DVD into the
drive? How does the installer decide whether to install from DVD or
from CTAN?

>    - Multiple defined tags (first column) are not possible, please fix it.
>
> This is related to the new multiple repository support.  You can give
> each repository a tag, e.g., tlcontrib.  But you can't give two
> different repositories the same tag (of course).
>
> How about:
>
>  Repository tag name already used: <tag> <url>

Yes, that is better. Or something like
   Repositories need unique tag names./Name '%s' has already been used
for another repository.

Mojca