[tldoc] Another nitpicking comment

Boris Veytsman borisv at lk.net
Tue Dec 12 15:57:25 CET 2006

KB> Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 20:01:45 -0600
KB> From: karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry)

KB>     As of 2005, \cmdname{texconfig} alters files in a user-specific

KB> I think that statement is still correct as it stands -- that's why I wrote
KB> it the way I did :).  That behavior started in 2005.  Right?

Well, I am not a native English speaker, so I am probably wrong.
However I think that there is a difference between "Since" and "As
of".   For example,  compare

    Polar caps have been melting since 1998

and

   As of 1998, polar caps have been melting.

As far as I can see the first sentence means "Caps started melting in
1998 and have been melting since then",  while the second one means
"In 1998 polar caps were melting, but we did not check since then".

KB> Ah, I'll add you to the texlive repo tomorrow.

Thanks!

--
Good luck

-Boris

Celestial navigation is based on the premise that the Earth is the center
of the universe.  The premise is wrong, but the navigation works.  An
incorrect model can be a useful tool.
		-- Kelvin Throop III