[tldistro] Packaging for ctan

André Hilbig mail at andrehilbig.de
Thu Jun 30 14:43:44 CEST 2016

Hello,

I just added the package gitfile-info via ctan.org. They got a zip-file with a
dtx, ins, README and pdf-documentation from me. But there are also some
Python-Scripts part of the package. I included them within the dtx, so latex can
build them. This way they won't get into the texlive directory tree. The second
time I tried to package the Python scripts within the zip-file and the dtx. Now
they delete the Python-Scripts, saying they are already in the dtx.

What should I do, to get the Python scripts into texlive? The package gitinfo2
has their scripts in doc/latex/gitinfo2 . I want that, too. The people from
ctan.org told me, to write that to this list, because they wouldn't know how to
do that…

Kind regards
André Hilbig