[tlbuild] Latest TeXLive on Intel Leopard

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Mar 30 00:48:08 CEST 2016

Hi Dick,

            /libs/icu/icu-src/source/i18n/unicode/dtitvinf.h
            /libs/icu/icu-src/source/i18n/dayperiodrules.h

Thanks much, I installed those changes (r40179).

    provide a definitive fix.

I believe this is as definitive as it's going to get.  (Making the
needed symbols public was all I could think of, anyway.)

Because those private declarations work with other compilers, I surmise
that the g++-4.2 you are using has a bug with an enum declared private
in the class interface file (.h) and then used in the implementation
(.cpp).  At least I think that's what's happening.  The other visibility
problems are similar and/or a consequence of the original error
involving enum IntervalPatternIndex.

We can presumably drop this when we drop 32-bit MacOSX support.  But as
long as this is the only patch, and you already did the work, might as
well keep on.

No point in submitting this one upstream, as eradicating private symbols
is not something they will or even should apply.

Fingers crossed there is no more.

Thanks again,
Karl