[tlbuild] icu-57.1 trial builds in tl

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:35:54 CEST 2016

On 28 March 2016 at 19:23, Apostolos Syropoulos wrote:
> I had no problem on OpenIndiana. However, I got
>
> FAIL: tests/upmendex.test
> Testsuite summary for upmendex (TeX Live) 0.50
> # TOTAL: 1
> # PASS:  0
> # SKIP:  0
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  1
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0

You should probably send the logs to help the others diagnose and fix
the problem.

This time the sources compiled just fine for me on Solaris without any
modifications (OK, i386 completed and I'm still waiting for sparc, but
I assume that one will succeed as well).

-----------------------

There is one weird thing though. Previously I used
    export LIBPNG_USER_CPPFLAGS="-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600"
If I use that now (don't ask me why I tried that), the build fails
because of exactly the opposite reasons (forcing C99 and building with
-std=c89). It doesn't fail if I use
    export CPPFLAGS="-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600"
with the upstream libpng source though. It seems that
LIBPNG_USER_CPPFLAGS doesn't properly propagate inside
AC_COMPILE_IFELSE or maybe the wrong order is used, but the point is
relatively moot because there is no need to set LIBPNG_USER_CPPFLAGS
any longer, and in particular not the one that conflicts the C
standard.

Karl, we should probably remove LIBPNG_USER_CPPFLAGS now that the
defaults work out of the box.