Trying to get an overview of the LaTeX source code base

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Tue May 17 10:21:57 CEST 2022

texdoc hitex

in texlive should give a (21 page) user manual or there is a longer (164
page) prerelease of a hitex book available from
https://hint.userweb.mwn.de/hint/hitex.html

There are hint viewers for at least windows and linux, and I got the
windows one working from cygwin (just wrapping with a script to manage the
file paths) so:

$ hilatex sample2e
This is HiTeX, Version 3.141592653, HINT version 1.4 (preloaded
format=hilatex)
entering extended mode
(sample2e.tex
LaTeX2e <2021-11-15> patch level 1
L3 programming layer <2022-05-04> ("article.cls"
Document Class: article 2021/10/04 v1.4n Standard LaTeX document class
("size10.clo")) ("l3backend-dvips.def")
No file sample2e.aux.
("omscmr.fd") (sample2e.aux) )
Output written on sample2e.hnt (1 page, 493011 bytes).
Transcript written on sample2e.log.

$ hintview sample2e.hnt &

[image: image.png]