TeX Hour: Thu 31 Mar: 6:30pm UK time: Christopher Alexander; I like TeX ...

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 14:50:51 CEST 2022

Hi
For tomorrow's TeX Hour, I suggest two topics.

The first topic is the life, work and influence of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Alexander, who died earlier this
month. Alexander was an architect, with a focus on design as a process. His
work led to the use of design patterns in software.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2022/mar/29/christopher-alexander-obituary
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/29/arts/christopher-alexander-dead.html

The second topic is "I like TeX ...". All present with be asked to share
what they like about TeX, broadly understood. This includes Metafont,
Computer Modern, LaTeX, tikz, MathJax and so forth.

Note: Both the UK and USA are on Summer Time. UK Time Now:
https://time.is/UK.