Embedded font

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Sun Jun 12 01:39:48 CEST 2022

HI

> I have a file that looks good on many printers but on one
> photocopier changes my typography and the accents come out wrong, I link
[..]
> embedded and it is type 1. If I add this line:
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> the problem is solved.

My guess is a bug in the printer driver or the PostScript implementation
in the printer.

With or without the T1/fontenc, different sets of fonts are embedded.
Can you show the output of
	pdffonts <PDF FILE>

In my case:

** with T1 fontenc**
PZAQTZ+SFRM2074                      Type 1            Custom           yes yes yes      8  0
THBJDT+SFRM1440                      Type 1            Custom           yes yes yes      9  0
FVYBMM+SFBX1728                      Type 1            Custom           yes yes yes     11  0
VCMVDW+SFRM1200                      Type 1            Custom           yes yes yes     13  0

** without T1 fontenc**
JJRFPZ+CMR17                         Type 1            Builtin          yes yes yes     12  0
AKYEZP+CMR12                         Type 1            Builtin          yes yes yes     13  0
MXCKHB+CMBX12                        Type 1            Builtin          yes yes yes     14  0

All the fonts have been tested and vetted on thousands of printers and
environments, so unless you have a broken font file, I assume a printer
driver error.

Best

Norbert

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live