Installer

Skaanbilly2 skaanbilly2 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 11:40:06 CEST 2022

Dear Tex Users Group

Today I started installing texlive and the install time will approximately
be 3 hours and 30 minutes. It seems it is not sped up, compared to 5 years
ago when I needed it as well.

I am wondering how complex it would be to speed up the installation.
For example by leaving as much of the codebase as is but once the
configuration is known (through the gui or cli) transferring the install
control to a multithreaded / asynchronous script, for example in python,
that installs the necessary packages and returns status updates.

I have some experience in python, and python multithreading / asynchronous
operations, so I would be glad to help with this.

Could you let me know if this is achievable, and if so how I could help
in achieving this?

Kind Regards