Breakurl does not work with htmladdnormallink

Schneider, Thomas (NIH/NCI) [E] schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Mon Sep 20 04:26:19 CEST 2021

Ulrike:

> > My URLs break with \url but not with \htmladdnormallink.  I looked
> > into the source code for breakurl

> \htmladdnormallink is basically \href only with the argument order
> exchanged (it is only in hyperref to support latex2html, it is not
> documented and when I have some time I will try to get rid of these
> definition, so use it only if you have a very good reason, the
> correct hyperref command is \href).

Thank you!  Apparently I started using \htmladdnormallink when it
first became available years ago and was not aware that it is not
standard.

I removed all calls to \htmladdnormallink using a program and replaced
them with \url.  I now know I can use \href if I need to change the
text that is clicked.

Regards,

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.