Options for pairing Concrete Roman with a .ttf font

Jim Hefferon jim.hefferon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 13:19:03 CEST 2021

Thank you to everyone for the help with this.  I very much appreciate all
the help on something where perhaps I am the only person who will ever want
to do it.  :-)  I'm sure Karl is right that there is some kind of bug
since it used to work.

The thing that eventually worked for me was getting autoinst to give me an
installation of the .ttf font.  (Just for someone who googles and finds
this thread: in short, I found that the .ttf font had a different internal
name than the file.  So I used FontForge to change the name and generated a
new font.  Then autoinst -dryrun -encoding T1 <fontname> gave me a tree of
the .tfm's, vf's, etc.  I copied to TEXMFLOCAL, ran texhash and updmap-sys
on the .map, and a small test document worked.  I find that autoinst is
impressive software, so thank you to Marc!)

Thank you again,
Jim

--
"Does not the Captain seek your advice sir?"
"Not always," said Stephen.