TeX on Windows?

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Tue May 25 16:42:35 CEST 2021

John C Frain wrote:

> Have you tried PROTEXT (http://tug.org/protext/). This is a relatively
> easy-to-install package that can be downloaded as a zip file (about
> 1.1 GB).  It contains Miktex and Texstudio, a GUI for Tex which is
> currently being maintained (see https://www.texstudio.org/), The
> entire package is installed with a single setup.exe file. It can be
> loaded onto a USB key and run from there.  I have not installed it
> recently but there was a time when I used to distribute it on a DVD to
> beginners and no one had any problems installing it.

Further to this discussion, I have now successfully extracted all files
from the TeX Collection 2021 ISO onto a USB device and am at this
instant performing a TeX Live 2021 (full) installation from there; I
will report back once the outcome is known.
--
/Philip Taylor/