TeX on Windows?

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Tue May 25 16:39:32 CEST 2021

Have you tried PROTEXT (http://tug.org/protext/).  This is a relatively
easy-to-install package that can be downloaded as a zip file (about 1.1
GB).  It contains Miktex and Texstudio, a GUI for Tex which is currently
being maintained (see https://www.texstudio.org/),  The entire package is
installed with a single setup.exe file.  It can be loaded onto a USB key
and run from there.  I have not installed it recently but there was a time
when I used to distribute it on a DVD to beginners and no one had any
problems installing it.

John C Frain
3 Aranleigh Park
Rathfarnham