Generating bibtex entry from a URL: zotero, zbib and TooBib.

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 23:37:23 CEST 2021

This form  https://zbib.org/
is giving me an error on this link,

https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/82352096.pdf

Is there a trick to getting it to work?  If its a real error however they may notice
it and fix it by the time you get there as it should be easy if they do this all the time.

The reason I tried it is my code was failing due to a botched hack but now works,
% mjmhandler: toobib guesscoreac
% date 2021-05-12:17:18:31 Wed May 12 17:18:31 EDT 2021
% srcurl: https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/82352096.pdf
% citeurl: http://api.crossref.org/works/10.1016/S0014-5793(99)00131-3/transform/application/x-bibtex
@article{Vo_1999,
	doi = {10.1016/s0014-5793(99)00131-3},
	url = {https://doi.org/10.1016%2Fs0014-5793%2899%2900131-3},
	year = 1999,
	month = {feb},
	publisher = {Wiley},
	volume = {445},
	number = {2-3},
	pages = {256--260},
	author = {Hung C Vo and Philip Britz-Mckibbin and David D.Y Chen and Ross T.A MacGillivray},
	title = {Undercarboxylation of recombinant prothrombin revealed by analysis of $\upgamma$-carboxyglutamic acid using capillary electrophoresis and laser-induced fluorescence},
	journal = {{FEBS} Letters},
srcurl={https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/82352096.pdf},
xsrcurl={https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/82352096.pdf},
citeurl={http://api.crossref.org/works/10.1016/S0014-5793(99)00131-3/transform/application/x-bibtex}

}

My validator did not recognize the "upgamma" so I just edited it and it was ok.

I'm almost to the point of developing a language for this as there are several common operations
on the url's or contents. In this case, it has to extract a number to go get the doi and use crossref
The doi is extracted with html and json parsers lol,
const StrTy doi=
        MutateOnly(StrTy(b),
 StrTy("testHTML --mjmflags 0 -mjm \"")+fnq+"\"  | grep  \"{\" | tail -n 1 | sed -e 's/[^{]*//' | mjsonu.out -cmd \"sax-json\"  | grep \"identifiers=doi\" | head -n 1  | sed -e 's/.*doi://'",out);

I started looking at my code again to try to implement "BoMTex" and a BioTex or similar to find a biography to
cite a specific person ( using info from say a linkedin profile ). For BomTex I may be able to get enough info from the
Amazon product and store pages. Headless chrome seems to work ok for getting the DOM and it uses my credentials
just fine.

Thanks.

note new address
 Mike Marchywka 306 Charles Cox Drive Canton, GA 30115
 2295 Collinworth  Drive Marietta GA 30062.  formerly 487 Salem Woods Drive Marietta GA 30067 404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message 989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency