OT: Accessibility: Jana Schroeder's Holman Prize Application

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Mon May 10 19:03:46 CEST 2021

Jonathan Fine wrote:

> On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 5:01 PM Philip Taylor
> <P.Taylor at hellenic-institute.uk
> <mailto:P.Taylor at hellenic-institute.uk>> wrote:
>
>     Would I be right in think that, in the video, Jana is reading
>     braille from an extension to her keyboard, which is dynamically
>     refreshed in real time so that she just needs to re-traverse to
>     the extreme left to start on the next stretch of text ?
>

> Jana is using a
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refreshable_braille_display.

Well, I didn't know its name, but it would seem that I guessed its
functionality correctly.

> For more information read
> https://wcblind.org/2018/02/what-is-refreshable-braille-anyway/,

I find that page rather confusing — what does it mean by "The black,
plastic display shows ten braille cells, of white four feature brailled
characters.
--
/** Phil./