Using fonts from the LaTeX Font Catalogue

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun May 9 00:12:55 CEST 2021

    But beside this, I think it would help if the installer on linux
    would mention that font config should perhaps be changed, or if
    there were something about font config in the "post install" section
    https://www.tug.org/texlive/quickinstall.html.

I admit I don't agree. TL is perfectly usable without messing with
system fonts, and I don't think the installation should imply otherwise,
which is what making system font stuff more prominent would do.

It's also an error-prone and system-dependent process, exactly the
hardest kind of thing to document. -k