Using fonts from the LaTeX Font Catalogue

Jonathan Fine jfine2358 at gmail.com
Fri May 7 15:39:23 CEST 2021

Hi

I'm grateful to Paulo for doing this basic work. It provides a useful
starting point.

Regarding burden of proof, I say that the supplier of the font and
associated resources is responsible for proving that the font works
for them. (The Font Catalog is I think a secondary supplier). Only then
does the user of the font have a responsibility for proving that it's not
working for them.

Consider for example https://tug.org/FontCatalogue/antiqua/. This provides
a PDF sample and its LaTeX source, via the URLs
https://tug.org/FontCatalogue/antiqua/antiqua.pdf
https://tug.org/FontCatalogue/antiqua/antiqua.tex

The Font Catalogue proof that the font works may also require reference to
instructions regarding how to set up the environment.

In my opinion using Github actions is an acceptable way to provide a
reproducible supplier's proof that the font works. There are of course
others.
https://github.com/features/actions

with best regards

Jonathan