Tex Live and tlmgr.

Miller, Bruce R. (Fed) bruce.miller at nist.gov
Thu May 6 20:21:29 CEST 2021

On 5/6/21 1:42 PM, Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Rolf,
>
>      > (running on Debian, switching to user mode!)
>
> Evidently you're using the TL that comes with Debian (/usr/share/texlive

If Rolf is indeed using Debian's version, he may well be better off
continuing to do so. There are advantages as far as keeping things simple,
unless one really needs the (b)leeding edge.

To update, you'd just use "aptitude update" (or something like
that; I'm more an rpm guy)

bruce.miller at nist.gov
http://math.nist.gov/~BMiller/