Using fonts from the LaTeX Font Catalogue.

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Tue May 4 14:13:11 CEST 2021

Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> Am Tue, 4 May 2021 12:38:52 +0100 schrieb Philip Taylor:
>
>> My "problem" is with the idea that each font should require a separate
>> package before it can be used.  If we take (for example) all fonts that
>> are supplied only in AFM/PFA/PFB formats, could there not be one
>> "AFMPFX" package that would make /all/ of them available ?
> What would be the gain?

The gain, Ulrike, would be that in order to answer Rolf's /cri de cœur/,
one would simply have to say "use the AFMPFX package, Rolf — that will
allow you to use not only BrushScriptX-Italic, but will also allow you
to use any type-1 font listed in the catalogue. And if you want to use
some fonts that exist only in a different format, then you just need to
load the package for that format, regardless of the actual font(s) that
you want to use".
--
/** Phil./