Using fonts from the LaTeX Font Catalogue.

Bob Tennent rdtennent at gmail.com
Mon May 3 07:15:05 CEST 2021

 >|Let me give an explicit example.  I'd like to make use of a cursive
 >|script font.  Looking through the LaTeX font catalogue, I found a font
 >|that seems to be essentially what I want: BrushScriptX-Italic
 >|
 >|Now here's some LaTeX code:
 >|
 >|\documentclass{article}
 >|% ???
 >|% ???
 >|\begin{document}
 >|The quick brown hippopotamus jumped over the lazy elephant.
 >|\end{document}
 >|
 >|What can/should I put in the preamble, in place of
 >|
 >|> % ???
 >|> % ???
 >|
 >|so that I get the sentence shown to come out in "BrushScriptX-Italic"
 >|font?

In the LaTeX font catalogue where you found
BrushScriptX-Italic, click on BrushScriptX-Italic. That
will take you a page with a Text example, Usage and Style
example. And there is also a link to the LaTeX source of the
Text example. And you are told that the relevant package is
part of TeXLive and its location at CTAN.

Does this help?

Bob Tennent