FW: LaTex Software VPAT Request

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Tue Mar 23 17:06:39 CET 2021

Hello,

Several times I have gotten VPAT requests for MacTeX. My reply has always been that TeX Live has thousands of contributors, all volunteers, and I had no idea how to fulfill such a request or interest in doing so. I sometimes suggested that the organization develop a better understanding of the open source movement before submitting  a request.  Once I got an immediate reply that said "you have no idea how much I hate this job; thank you for an honest answer."

Dick Koch