Color changing under graphic inclusion with graphicx

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de
Sat Jan 9 22:27:25 CET 2021

Am 09.01.21 um 22:03 schrieb Paulo Ney de Souza:

> Yes, this does work. ....but it leaves me with more questions than
> before ....
>
> 1- \usepackage[RGB]{xcolor} -- Does that imply that everything in this
> document has to be done in RGB???
> That seems to be a pretty big restriction.

No, it means that _all_ used colors on LaTeX level will be converted into
the RGB model. By default xcolor uses rgb (0..1).
This is only a problem when using an image as background. The
colormodell on LaTeX level must be the same as the color model
of your image. Otherwise blue (cmyk) is not blue (rgb) ...

> 2-  Is the use of:
>
>     \usepackage{xcolor}
>     \definecolor{bgcolor}{RGB}{80,64,83}
>
> not enough to specify that RGB is being used?

no, there are a lot of possible color models and all must be converted
into one which are valid for the PDF.

> 3- What does the second row of mages have that the first do not???

I do not understand this question. I used only your four images.

Herbert