use "\newgeometry" automatically

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Feb 28 15:00:21 CET 2021

On Sun, 28 Feb 2021 09:49:02 +0100, Ulrike Fischer stated:
>Am Sat, 27 Feb 2021 17:42:40 -0500 schrieb Jerry:
>
>> Ok, specifically,I need to change the top margin and head height
>> settings. The first page is just a normal business template. The
>> second page is supposed to have a picture in the heading on the left
>> side and some text on the right.
>
>Typically this is done by setting the page geometry so that it fits
>on the second and follow up page.
>
>On the first page you then start with a \vspace*{...} to move the
>first line where ever is suitable for the first page layout.

Ulrike, I finally used a combination of 'fancyhdr' and your suggestion.
I had tried the 'afterpage' package; however, it messed up the page
numbering with the 'lastpage' package. There is probably a way around
that, but I could not find a solution quickly, so I abandoned it.

Anyway, thanks!

--
Jerry