psfonts.map not found

Haines Brown haines at histomat.net
Sun Dec 5 22:49:35 CET 2021

On Sat, Dec 04, 2021 at 06:56:54AM -0500, Haines Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 04, 2021 at 11:09:01AM +0100, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> > Am Fri, 3 Dec 2021 13:49:22 -0500 schrieb Haines Brown:
> >
> > > I built a new machine and copied fonts over to their original
> > > locations. I registered the fonts and ran $ texhash.
>
> I spoke too soon. The tex file configuration ran without displaying
> error, but it turns out that there was in fact an error.

Running pdflatex on the tex file indicates successfully formated, but
no PDF is produced.

I look at the log and this time there is the error

  !pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file gbsnu75): Font gbsnu75 at 864 not found
   ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

I go to tlmgr to install gbsnu75 and it says it is already present.

If I compile different portions of my .tex file, differnt fonts can't
be found:

  !pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file ptmro8r): Font ptmro8r at 720 not found
   ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

Running updmap and texhash commands does not help

--
Haines Brown