tlmgr doesn't work

Stephen Kellat smkellat at icloud.com
Wed Dec 1 01:11:38 CET 2021

I suggest you first consult the guidance available on this page: https://www.tug.org/texlive/pkginstall.html

If you fall into the first situation the only way to get an updated version would be to upgrade your Ubuntu install.  There’s already been a Long Term Support release made in April 2020 and one is currently in process for April 2022.  That makes your installed version supported but old.  A tutorial on upgrading an installed Ubuntu desktop can be found here: https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/upgrading-ubuntu-desktop

Stephen Michael Kellat
Erie Looking Productions
https://erielookingproductions.info
https://coyote.works