TeX Live

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 21:52:15 CEST 2021

There should be a lot of executables in the directory
/usr/local/texlive/2021/bin/i386-linux. There is no texlive executable as
such.  You will find a variety of executables such as latex, pdflatex,
luatex, etc., etc,.  which call the "texlive" program that you wish to use.

I would also recommend that you try TeXStudio.  If current versions do not
work you can download a version that is compatible with your older OS at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/texstudio/files/texstudio/.

John C Frain
3 Aranleigh Park
Rathfarnham