TeX Live

William F Hammond hmwlfsr at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 02:59:56 CEST 2021

John Berg <bergjr at earthlink.net> writes:

> I just installed TeX Live under Ubuntu 16.04, using
> directory /usr/local/texlive/2021/bin/i386-linux, but cannot
> find executable for texlive.  Where is it?

AFAIK, there is no executable for 'texlive'.

I think most of us work from a command line.  In Gnu/Linux I
would think the most common command line facility is "bash".
On the other hand, some of us access commands from an
editing interface.

Before trying to say more, let me suggest that in "bash" or
some other shell, see if you can find the location of the
command "kpsewhich".

  If so, report back to this list where it is.

  If not, then cd to the directory
  "/usr/local/texlive/2021/", and enter the command

        find . -name kpsewhich -print

  Report back here what you see.

                              -- Bill