Re: http://www-cs-faculty. stanford.edu/∼uno/programs/tcalc.w.gz

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sun May 17 12:21:41 CEST 2020

Philip Taylor wrote:

> It is a long time since I wrote any serious Pascal, and somewhat to my embarrasment I can't even see a copy of the /User Manual and Report/ as I write, but I am reasonably sure that standard Pascal supports the 'new' generator which allocates a new variable, 'though whether from stack or heap I no longer remember ...

Of course, from the heap — I must have been over-tired when I wrote that last clause ...  And of course standard Pascal also support 'dispose', to return no longer wanted 'new' objects (which are by then, of course, 'old' objects !) to the heap.