PCTex version 6 and PDF viewer

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Thu May 14 00:09:05 CEST 2020

On 13/05/2020 20:42, Van Horn, Susan M -FS via texhax wrote:
> Afternoon,
>
>    I am not the user just the desktop support help for the Forest
> Service.  My user clicks to convert to pdf, it errors saying there is no
> adobe reader installed.    He actually has adobe pro installed.  Is
> there a setting in the program that needs to be changed?

John is right that the PC-TeX helpdesk is probably the best place to
start, as PC-TeX is commercial software and they would know it better
than anyone else.

> After the error it actually does make a pdf, and it does open.  It’s
> just that it errors and the customer doesn’t like it.

What version of Windows is your user using? PC-TeX is quite old,
although very stable. It's possible that Adobe Pro has changed the way
it registers itself, and is failing to signal its existence to PC-TeX.

--
Peter Flynn
Cork 🇪🇺 Ireland