Help with finding style file

Abbot Patrick frpatrick at maronitemonks.org
Fri May 1 01:49:07 CEST 2020

Hi!
A friend is helping me to learn to use XeLaTeX on Windows 10. I just
installed MiKTeX from the 2019 DVD and am using TeXWorks. So far, so
good. But my friend gave me a simple .sty file to use in the preamble
and I first placed it in the folder with all the other .sty files of the
installation. It never found it there. So I moved it here: C:\Users\Fr.
Patrick\AppData\Local\Programs\MiKTeX 2.9\texmf\mgc

But TeXWorks still complains that it can’t find it.

Where does it want it?

Thanks in advance.
Fr. Patrick

--