Nonfree packages cc-pl, mex, pl and hyphen-polish in texlive distribution

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Mar 19 23:40:39 CET 2020

    Any changes/responses on the matter?

I am waiting for Jacko (Boguslaw Jackowski, who "owns" all those files
as far as CTAN goes) to give me permission to remove the problematic
nonfree stuff. I've asked him a couple times, but he's having personal
issues (not virus related) at the moment so I don't want to be too much
of a pest. It remains on my list and I am confident it will get updated
at some point.

    Can we be 100% sure about the precedence of the public domain statement?

Yes. --karl