Capitalization of index entries

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 22:11:07 CET 2020

You could do it in tex but I think I'd do a one-off edit to correct
your source. Any editor ought to be able to change all the instances
in the document  with a single replace command, or you could use an
external tool such as sed or perl

sed -e 's/\\index{\(.\)/\\index{\u\1/g'

probably does what you want

$ echo '\index{abcd} abc \index{xyz}' | sed -e 's/\\index{\(.\)/\\index{\u\1/g'
\index{Abcd} abc \index{Xyz}

David