texhax Digest, Vol 2020, Issue 41

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 23:21:15 CET 2020

The template source file thesis.tex (the one you will modify for your own thesis) is an ordinary latex file that does not, e.g., use any special fonts requiring XeLaTeX, so the engine (i.e., the program that translates that marked-up language source file to the pdf output) is pdfLaTeX.

> On 7 Mar2020, at8 Mar 2020 03:18:13, t political science <tapas.abhitech at gmail.com <mailto:tapas.abhitech at gmail.com>>wrote:
>

> Subject: Re: [EXT] Re: [EXT] how to start tex program to write first
> 	program
>
> On Sun, 8 Mar 2020 at 00:19, Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk <mailto:P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
>> political science wrote:
>>

>> Many thanks, I was looking for this information only.
>>
>> I have been given a template by department
>> how can I use the template which has been given to me as zip to be used in
>> this kind of scenario.
>>

>> You will first need to unzip it (Windows can do that for you ? ask it to
>> "extract all files"), then ask TeXworks to open the template file and
>> modify it as necessary (save the modified version elsewhere, so you always
>> have a virgin template to which to return for the next project).  Make sure
>> that the "engine" selected in TeXworks matches the engine expected by the
>> template ? this will probably be PdfLaTeX, but may be XeLaTeX, or some
>> other TeX_based engine.
>>
>> Ok  I unzipped the template.here is the zip
> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1REWnbaRN8dCm2vNyf5fW0IxQ2pDZgLcX <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1REWnbaRN8dCm2vNyf5fW0IxQ2pDZgLcX>
> but I do not know how to know which engine it is using.
> I am  using a editor called Texmaker so I don't see any option to set any
> engine any where in it.

---
Murray Eisenberg			murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101	Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334