Unicode discussion platform, Mongolian script

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sat Jun 27 10:23:14 CEST 2020

Fellow TeXxies — is there a platform on which questions relating to
Unicode may be asked ?
I ask because I have just noticed the following :

> /Grapheme Cluster <http://unicode.org/glossary/#grapheme_cluster>/.
> The text between grapheme cluster boundaries as specified by Unicode
> Standard Annex #29, "Unicode Text Segmentation."
> <http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr29/> (See definition D60 in Section
> 3.6, Combination
> <http://www.unicode.org/versions/latest/ch03.pdf#G30602>.) A grapheme
> cluster represents a horizontally segmentable unit of text

and am wondering why the word "horizontally" is used.  Can there not be
grapheme clusters
in languages such as Mongolian, written vertically, top-down, L-to-R ?

/Philip Taylor
--------

/